From the talented mind of our lovely Mother’s Day competition winner, today we bring to you a fabulous Raspberry Scone Recipe – Don’t eat them all at once!
- 70g Sugar
- 5g Salt
- 20g Baking Powder
- 330ml Cream
- 150g Frozen Berries
- Egg and 1tsp water beaten (egg wash)
- Coffee Crystals
- Sift Dry ingredients together and stir to make sure they are well combined.
- Add Cream and stir until just combined (about 10 seconds) Make sure not to over mix
- Add frozen raspberries and gently combine. It is OK if the mixture is still clumpy.
- Take a spring form pan, oil the base and place mix into the pan, press gently into the pan.
- Place the pan in the freezer to firm up (about 2 hours).
- Once firm remove the scone round from the pan and cut into 12 wedges. At this stage, slices can be packed back into the freezer to bake another day.
- When you want to bake them, place them onto a non-stick pan and allow to rest (thaw) for 20 minutes.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with coffee crystals before baking for 25mins at 180degrees.